The Kidde KN-COPP-B-LPM is one of the leading battery powered CO detectors. It is sometimes also called Kidde KN-COPP-LPM - the "B" simply indicates that this is a battery only model - this one uses 3 AA batteries.
One of the big advantages of this design is that you can mount it exactly where it is needed - no need to place it close to a power outlet.
The highly accurate electrochemical sensors of the KN-COPP-LPM are good for 7 years, and it comes with a 5 year warranty.
It can detect a very wide range of CO gas in the air, ranging from 11 to 999 PPM (parts per million), and it stores the readings in memory. This range is quite useful because CO poisoning happens as a result of cumulative exposure - a small amount over an extended period can be dangerous - it's not just a large amount CO exposure in a short time period that you have to worry about.
It updates its readings every 15 seconds and the alarm will sound when it detects 70 PPM over 60 to 240 minutes, 150 PPM over 10 to 50 minutes, and 400 ppm or more for 4 to 15 minutes.
It has over 200 customer reviews on Amazon.com and it is rated at 4.5 stars.
KN-COPP-LPM / KN-COPP-B-LPM Features
- Electrochemical sensor - these are one of the most accurate types
- Back-lit LCD Screen
- The Peak Level Memory shows the highest CO concentrations detected since the last reset
- Test/Reset Button which tests its alarm circuit operation and lets you silence the alarm
- Meets all the requirements of the Underwriters Laboratories
- 5-year warranty
- It can be mounted exactly where you need it and comes with a wall mounting bracket.
- Being completely independent of the main power supply, it will continue working during power outages which are one of the times when it's most needed due to the use of non-electrical heat and lighting sources being used, or because of the use of gasoline powered generators.
- Beeps when the batteries are low so it won't run out of power without you knowing about it.
- It has a safeguard on the battery cover which makes it very difficult to close if it doesn't have all 3 batteries installed.
- It is not supposed to by used with rechargeable batteries - Kiddie recommends that only the following types of batteries be used: Duracell MN1500 or MX1500, Energizer E91, Gold Peak 15A, Golden Power GLR6A.
We rate the Kidde KN-COPP-B-LPM carbon monoxide detector as the Best in its Class of exclusively disposable battery powered CO alarms.
Click here to purchase this product on Amazon.
Please ensure you have enough CO detectors to protect your entire home - more than one are needed in the vast majority of dwellings - see Places within the home where CO Detectors must be installed.